Monday, July 21, 2008

i have a dilemma .....

dusty pre-ordered mary anne her copy of breaking dawn. in the process he somehow ordered two, so he told me he ordered mine for me too. great right? well....i was just looking on-line at the order and it says the expected shipping date is,
AUGUST 6th!
(for those of you who are not true twilight fans and are wondering what the problem with that is, the book comes out august 2nd!) why in the world would amazon do that?! i keep telling myself 'no way, they mail it before then.' i could have finished reading it by then! seriously! what should i do? have patience? yeah right! i am wondering if i can go to the store on the 2nd and maybe buy your copy for you millie....unless you are going to buy it right away. anyone else want me to pick up their copy for them, read it, and then give it to you? this is ridiculous....
kind of a side note. i am planning on having a book made from my blog. since it is basically my journal. i think i might leave out some of these twilight blogs. when my kids read them in the future they're gonna think i'm nuts! (more then they already will i'm sure.) anyway, thanks for reading and for those of you freaking out along with me! SILLY GIRLS!

4 comments:

KaWheelers said...

haha!! You're funny :) I'd say sure, you can pick up a copy for me but Ben told me I couldn't buy the newest one unless I had the whole set and until I am all caught up with reading them again. Ugh...

PS. I got past chapter 5... hopefully The Host will start picking up now! :)

Anonymous said...

The same exact thing happened to me with The Host. Most people had it read by the time Amazon delivered it to me! I figured I'd just go to Costco on the 2nd and buy it...AGAIN...anyway. I'd rather have two copies than lose my mind waiting!!! ...Summer

Brenden+Nikki said...

Hey Ashley - I have totally wanted to make my blog into a book. Is this something that you are doing on your own or did you actually find a site or something that does it for you? Let me know - I would love to do that too!!

Oh and I am totally feeling your dilemma. I haven't preordered, but I can understand why you wouldn't want to wait. That is crazy! My friend and I are going to go to the release party. We will probably be surrounded by all these crazy teeny boppers in their prom dresses, but who cares! :)

Nikki said...

I am going to a midnight release too! I'm a little nervous to be one of the only adults, but we'll see.
I don't know why Amazon does that. My husband ordered his "Halo 3" game from them when it came out and ended up buying two because he couldn't wait. I wonder how many people have doubles of things that Amazon waited so long to deliver. When will they figure it out?