Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Little blessings....

I needed a babysitter the other day, Russ' work Christmas dinner up in SLC. I asked the boys who they wanted to babysit. The first girl couldn't babysit and the next one I asked needed to double check. Anyway, my brother Woody called to see if he could spend the night. I said sure if he wanted to babysit too. When the boys got home from school I told them who was going to babysit and they cheered. It just made me happy that they were so excited to have their Uncle watch them.

I couldn't find the van keys yesterday and I needed to go to the store. I looked in all my bags, jackets, pants, etc. that they could of possibly been in. Owen went to look in the van and came back with nothing. I called Russ to see if maybe he took them, nope. So I asked Owen if we should pray about it. He said I could say the prayer, so I did. Then I told him we should go look one more time in all the places we'd looked already. He said he'd go look in his room and I'd go look in the van again. As I walked to the garage door I said another quick prayer, "Heavenly Father, Please let this work." (You know for Owens sake.) As soon as I walked into the garage and started walking to the front of it, there they were, on the ground. WOW! I ran I told Owen to come to the garage. He saw them and then I said we needed to say a prayer to say Thank You to Heavenly Father, so Owen wanted to say that prayer. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for listening to our humble prayers.
on the way to the store Owen and I kept talking about it. He was kind of bummed that he didn't say the first prayer. so then he told me, "next time we lose the keys I"ll say the prayer, and if we lose the van, you say the prayer." well, I really hope we don't lose our van next, but it's a deal.

4 comments:

6L's said...

lol, i hope you don't lose the van either! we have a similar story when we lost a small nut to the kids training wheels and then they wated them back on. it was lost and we have a big back yard. we prayed and found it within a minute. the kids still talk about that and it was a few years ago!

Mary Anne said...

Love this story! That Owen...what a good boy. And you...what a good mom. And those new pictures with the blue and pink chairs?! Oh Ashley, what a cute idea!

The Mighty Miners said...

I agree, I hope you don't lose your van, but if you do I'm sure the faith of a child will help you find it! I am so glad that the boys were excited for Woody to watch them, he enjoyed it! It worked out well, it is always good to be needed right!

Unstoppable Lindsey said...

Oh I love those prayer works stories. Make sure you remind him of it ALL the time, just like my parents used to when I lost my favorite ballet slippers when I was 5. I love it!