so my due date is here and this little girl is not yet. William and Jonathon start school next week. they were also suppose to find out who their teachers were on the 19th, they would be posted on the school doors. for some reason this was something I worried about. I didn't want to be hospital when they needed to find out who their teachers were. I realize anyone could have gone to the school and wrote it down for me, it wasn't that big of a deal. but for me it was something I wanted to be apart of and didn't want to miss. I feel like these boys are so much a part of my life I need to be there for all of theirs. so today, the 15th, I was running a quick errand before dinner and my phone rang. it was the school saying they finished the class lists and they were posted right then. i hung up and could not help the tears that came. such a small thing in many ways, but my Heavenly Father knew it was important to me and I am grateful. still not sure when this baby will come. I would really love to be home Monday for the school open house and Tuesday for the first day of school, that's not too much to ask is it? today I'll be happy I got to tell William and Jonathon who their first grade teachers are....and grateful for the reminder that Heavenly Father loves me and does not think my desire to be apart of that silly.
1 year ago




8 comments:
I totally know what you mean about this! And I think you're exactly right. She'll probably come after Tuesday :) I was dead set on getting Elle's blessing dress done before she got here and lo and behold! I finished the dress and Elle came 5 days later (and she was early! But not too early for the dress) :). Whoo hoo I'm so excited for you!
No it's not too much to ask Ashley :) The hard part when pregnant is remembering the Lords time ha ha...I agree with your friend up there she will probably come after tuesday then you will be able to go to their first day of school VERY PREGNANT but you will still be there...then you can relax knowing that you didn't miss it! You are a good mom don't you worry about it, she will come and your house full of boys will just melt seeing that sweet little girl open up a whole new world for them...the world will now revolve around her :)!!! Can't wait to hear some news!!
not too much at all. :) heavenly father is so aware of us and our needs and desires, more than we know many times. i'm glad you are able to recognize those tender mercies that we often overlook. i love the quote that goes something like this, "coincidences are instances in which god chooses to remain anonymous." best of luck this week!!!
Ashley,
You are such a beautiful person. Thanks so much for your blog. I love the excitement you have for life and being a mom. What an amazing example you are.
I will keep you in my prayers and wish you blessings for the days to come as you prepare for your sweet little girl.
Well knowing that she came TODAY makes this post even more awesome! He really is aware of you, and I love when He reminds us and we are smart enough to notice. Perfect timing, and you'll be able to go to the open house and everything (if you're feeling up to it :) Or wait, after reading Nikki and Erin's comments maybe you were hoping she'd come after Tuesday? It will be good, though. Hopefully you'll be able to still go. You've got a week!
And HELLO!! I cannot wait to see pictures of little miss! Hurry hurry hurry!
I totally know what you mean! Sometimes little things are just important to us, and somehow they have a way of working out :) I am so excited for you guys! Keep us posted!
Whoa! She came today!? Congrats! How exciting! I agree with Mary Anne, pictures, please :)
no kidding....she came on her due date!! HOORAY FOR BABY GRACE!!
Post a Comment