Saturday, August 13, 2011

Nesting?

i guess you could say I am nesting...my house is cleaning/more organized then on a normal day. but I have gone on this crazy sewing/finishing projects kick. I have finished...
2 bean bag chairs
lots of burp rags
2 dresses for my girl
2 pairs of pants for my girl
3 pillow cases
3 baby blankets
2 receiving blankets
1 zipper pouch
1 car seat cover (made for a friend-no picture)
i think that is all of it. most of them are not hard at all to do, but it is sure nice to have a lot of it done, making my sewing 'room' cleaner as well. I do want to make a car seat cover for myself, sort of. I just need to find some fabric for it...
the Young Women in my ward had a little shower for me at our Activity on Tuesday. they said they usually make a baby blanket for the leaders having a baby, since they knew I was making one they made me hair bows instead. so no I have a bunch of hair bow for this girl too. I might have to put all the hair bows in my church bag so that she'll always have one on for Sunday at least.

went on a little walk yesterday, we all noticed that our shadows looked cool. when we got home I ran and grabbed the camera for a quick picture. kind of fun...

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Holy cow woman! Your kids are so lucky. I cannot WAIT to meet this little girl! I love the shadow picture...so fun.

Lauren said...

Wow! You have been busy! I love the bean bags. How do you make those? And the green dress is super cute! I love it. You are talented!

The shadow picture is great!

Moose on the Porch Quilts said...

I'm tired looking at all of it! Love your bean bags!

A Bunch of Paynes said...

Those little outfits are so CUTE! I love the fabric. And your bean bags are awesome - what did you fill them with, or did you just recover old bean bags? Very cool...

Brenden+Nikki said...

Whoo wee!! I love all of that! I have a bean bag tute saved on my computer but haven't even thought about tackling it. I'm like you though.....when I'm pregnant I get an insane sewing/nesting kick so I probably won't do it until #3 comes along! ;) I can't wait to see her! You're going to have so much fun with her after all your awesome boys you've had ;)

The Mighty Miners said...

Geez I was even over there and didn't see all your fun new creations! Definately nesting and it did you some good GIRL!! And good heavens little Grace is absolutely ADORABLE! We came home and rubbed it in to Jam...she really wasn't very impressed :)