Sunday, August 7, 2011

Obedience

the other day Owen was being SO good. I would ask for him and the boys to do something and before I knew it he was done. I only had to ask him once and he'd run to do it. all day he was like this. I even told him a few times how happy it made me that he was being so obedient. that night as we were reading scriptures he was being pretty crazy on the couch. I asked him to stop and he didn't, I asked him to be reverent and then he starts crying. after he calms down a bit so I can understand what he is saying he tells me, (with the crying voice and all) "I just can't be obedient anymore." I just had to laugh, he seriously had been so good all day that I guess he couldn't do it anymore. I guess it really is hard to be good all day long...too much to ask of a kid!

3 comments:

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

Ash that is so funny! At least he makes an effort to acknowledge what being reverent is and tries it! I always tell Jeff that we are going to have naughty kids because we would make fun of our rowdy ones so much in Primary and couldn't understand why the parents would let them act that way!!

Mary Anne said...

I just have to say that that shows some serious comprehension on his part! And it's pretty hard to be good ALL DAY...even for me sometimes :) That boy is too funny.

RayNTin said...

So sweet! You are the best mommy and it shows.