Tuesday, July 5, 2011

No Fear

We are in Arizona for the week. Today we went to the pool. They have a wave pool, slides, and diving boards. The boys have been wanted to go off a diving board for a little bit. At our pool you can't jump off with a life vest. This pool you could jump off with a life vest with a parent watching. For Owen he could jump off if a parent was in the water. There was two low dives and a high dive. I told them they needed to try the low dive first. That was easy, next up the high dive. William and Jonathon were so excited to finally get to jump off the high dive. Then of course Owen wanted to go. I didn't think it was a good idea so he went off the low dive again. (Good thing Russ was here too, I'm not a good swimmer, Owen jumped to him.) Owen really wanted to try the high dive, so I let him. He climbed up that ladder, walked to the edge of the diving board, smiled big at Russ, and jumped off. He LOVED it. Scared his momma, but he was so awesome. The other kids and people watching cheered for him, 'way to go little guy!' What happened next? He got back in line to go off the high dive again. I don't think he even thought it should be scary. His brother's did it, so of course he could do. Way to go buddy! I just really wish I had brought the camera.....

5 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Oh my goodness! The high dive is scary for ME. But that's not really saying much...Owen is awesome! He's got good examples in those brothers. Those three will do some amazing things.

Miranda said...

Yikes! You're braver than me. I don't think I could have let him do it.

Moose on the Porch Quilts said...

Sounds like Owen!

The Mighty Miners said...

Oh my goodness! Owen you are such a goof. Can you even imagine what he is going to be like as a teenager ashley?? I just laugh even thinking of it :) Can't wait!! He isn't going to be scared of anything. Motorcross, here he comes :) So where are your pictures of them jumping in? I though you were going to say something happened like bad, so glad it was fun!

Camille Hoggard said...

I'm pretty sure that would freak me out! You're kids are lucky they have a brave mommy to go along with their courage! :)