Monday, March 14, 2011

get what you wish for...

the end of Jan. beginning of Feb. was crazy busy for Russ at work. we hardly saw him and i starting wishing for a little more help....you know how that goes. well, the first week of March was busy for me.

Mon-regular day
Tues-mutual
Wed-Relief Society
Thur-basketball game
Fri-Book of Mormon read-a-thon

Thursday as i drove into the garage i noticed all the lights out in the boys' room, meaning they were asleep. normally this is awesome for Russ to have them in bed by the time i get home. this night i got a lump in my throat. i realized that monday was the only day i was there to put the boys to bed. i missed being apart of our night time routine. i got what i wished for...a little bit of a break, i just realized maybe i don't want a break every night. just one here and there.

4 comments:

CK Morgan said...

you ARE busy! With all good things too. This post made me sad. I get kinda bummed when I don't make it home to participate in bedtime as well but at the same time am wishing for a break. I love the new type on your blog!

Mary Anne said...

For some reason your blog isn't popping up to the top of my list when you post a new one! I just happened to click on it from someone else's blog, and I'm glad I did! It's all so true. You wish and wish for that break, and you need it, if anything just to remember how much you really love it. Loved this post.

The Mighty Miners said...

Hey how did you get a new font on the blog?? And same as mary anne I didn't even see that you had a new entry I kept waiting I just clicked on it just in case you might of posted something! Anyways one you know you are an emotional person so that helps in the tears, plus the extra emotions anyways. Then given you are just a great mom besides. Don't beat yourself up if russ wants to help you out and give you a little bit of a break once in a while just go relax and take a bath or something and enjoy it and vegg or something. You totally deserve it and it probablly just came as such a suprise that you were just more of blind sided. You are married to a Great guy with thre wonderful little boys. You have a big calling at church and you tend to keep your little guys pretty busy and yourself busy too...don't forget to pamper yourself every once in a while or dont forget to let your sweetie pamper you too... You deserve it You are totally worth it! Enjoy it while you can right...can't wait for monday :) Had fun last monday. Thanks for hosting the tri...my kids were beat! I am posting pictures today!

Hoggards said...

I'm with you. I long for "normal" nights all the time! Nights where we don't have to run here or there or be in different places! Someday, maybe.... ;)