Thursday, February 24, 2011

it snowed just a little bit....

i got home around 9:30 pm from a basketball game, no sign of snow. woke up to this outside...
got William & Jonathon all bundled up for school, Owen too....so i could shovel.

look at all that snow in the driveway!




for light fluffy snow it was sure heavy to shovel! there was just so much. i shoveled the steps first. by the time i finished the driveway (it was still snowing) the steps were covered again. but i needed to go to the grocery store so at least i could get out of the driveway. guess what....by evening all that snow melted! we got a little more last night, but just enough to cover the ground. on the news it said we had 5 inches. i don't hate the snow, i'm just ready for consistent weather so the boys can play outside....we are all much happier when there is time to play outside!

3 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Goodness! We woke up to snow today after a beautiful day yesterday. I think I'm ready for SPRING!!!

The Mighty Miners said...

We got the snow too, but down here it only lasts for a couple of hours so I think I will wash the snow stuff up and pack it away cause by the time the kids are home from school it is always melted. So it is just sitting out for nothing. oh well. Weather is wierd....maybe a sing of something eh. Sure do like snow...love it but I would sure love it more if we had it for like four months straight and then had spring for four months straight and then summer four months straight to enjoy fall four months right?? Too scheduled eh.

Camille Hoggard said...

That was the very morning we left for our cruise! I was so excited to leave it all behind and enjoy some nice weather!!