Wednesday, July 8, 2009

"I am the Heart of my Home."

"Home is a place where we welcome each family member with a sense of belonging. Home is a place where we are free to bring the fullness of our womanhood to bear in every sphere of our life. A woman's place is in the heart- the heart of her husband, the heart of her children and the heart of her home. Home is a refuge that we create for every family member. Homemaking is a call to express fully our personhood and thereby enable every member of the family to understand his or her dignity and worth. I am the queen of my realm. I am the heart of my home." -Kimberly Hahn, Graced and Gifted

i came across this quote on another blog. it's from a christian/catholic book or something, (sorry if i'm incorrect) but i really liked it. i think as a woman it is nice to read something like this and say "yeah, that is me." most days it might not sound as nice as it does to me now in the very late night-very early morning hours when it is quiet and i am reminded of all the reasons life is good.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Thanks for the quote. Sometimes I forget those kinds of things. It was definitely something I needed to hear today.