Monday, May 11, 2009

a letter from my mother...

Dear Mothers of my Grandchildren,
I realize that you may not receive this note on
Mother's Day but the tribute is the same whenever you
read it today or in the tomorrows to come.
What a privilege it is to be a mother. I have always
really like to read on Ashley's blog the words: Find
Nobility in Motherhood. With this in mind, I hope I
can express my feelings to you the dear Noble Mothers
of my unquestionably magnificent Grandchildren.
These 22+ ( I feel of the sweetness of those yet to
come to earth)little ones have brought such heavenly
joy into my life. I adore them. Each one of them with
their individual ness. Their laughter is contagious.
Their questions are sometimes baffling to me. Their
talents are out of this world. Their tenderness is
tender to me. Their imagination is just beyond me at
times. Their desire to do the right is hopeful to me.
Their willingness to read the Book of Mormon with
their family inspires me. Their prayers brings a lump
in my throat such that I can't catch my breath at times.
Their quickness in learning new skills is just
mindbogglingly. Their quickness in forgive me is
humbling. Their pictures and love note are on my fridge
with pride. Their brilliance amazes me. Their
unconditional love for me is undeserved but cherished.

I acknowledge that they are these utterly wonderful
grandchildren in major part because of YOU their Mothers.

I thank you for who they are and for who they are becoming.
I am humble as I see you teach them and love the.
I feel I am a better grandmother as I observe your skills
of mothering.
I admire your efforts in helping them learn life skills.
I have a desire to be inspired to know what I can do or
say to them when
they are sad and discouraged.
I pray for their safety each day.
I want them to know that their Grammytammy loves them
no matter what.
I love you because of who you are and the joy you have
brought to my life, too
and because you are the Mother of my absolutely adorable
grandchildren.

With much respect and reverence,

grammytammy


i'm just not that good with words. i really appreciated
this e-mail my mom sent out to all the ladies in my
family. so i thought i'd share it. not to boast how great
we all are, but to boast how wonderful my mom is.
thanks mom, i love you!
highlights of my mother's day....during sacrament i
found a note in my church bag that had traced hand
prints of all my boys. saying 'i love you mommy'...thanks
russ!
then when we picked up the boys from primary,
jonathon came out and told me happy mother's day.
priceless!

No comments: