Sunday, February 8, 2009

Draper Temple Open House

on friday we were able to go to the Draper, Utah Temple open house. my mom says i've been to temple open houses' before, but i do not remember any of them. so this was a neat experience for me too. i forgot my camera, so thanks konda for taking some for me as well!


i was summoned for jury duty! crazy huh?! last month i was summoned for jury selection, but then the case was solved without going to trial. i have another one monday that is going to trial. so i have to go for jury selcetion for real this time. i'll be honest i'm kind of nervous. mostly just of the unknown and i always feel dumb when i don't know what in the world i am doing. it is like everyone knows it is obviously your first time doing something. anyway....wish me luck, i think i'll be reading a book all morning! thanks to mary anne for watching my kids for who knows how long! i'll let you know how it goes....
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Marty said...

That's fun for all of you to get to see the temple especially the boys.

As for jury duty have fun! I had to do it on Presidents day while Blaine was off of work. I was thinking I would go read a book for a couple of hours but then got called to be on a case that afternoon. It lasted till that Thursday. It was a good experience but I don't care to do it again anytime soon.

Unknown said...

I sat on a jury about 10 years ago. It was a murder trial and we were sequestered. There were an uneven number of women, so I wound up with my own room at the hotel. We ate all three meals at restaurants. This went on for 3 or 4 days. It was wonderful! Except the sitting in court all day part, of course.

Wonderland Girl said...

Oh my gosh I'm sooo jealous. I'm the only one in the world who actually wants to be on a jury and now I work for the police so I'll probably never be able to! Think of me!

elaine said...

I sat on a jury when we lived in GA so that would be pre 1993. I actually enjoyed it and have been wondering why I haven't been called again any of the other places we've lived. I'm not into gossip and stuff so it was a different experience to sit and listen to all the people testify for and against the guy. Kind of like being a fly on the ceiling of his private living room. Maybe you will get a deal like Beverly did. A vacation would be nice, right?

Unknown said...

Everyone talks about how much they hate doing it, but secretly, I've always wanted to be on jury duty. I'm sure one day I'll do it and then figure out what everyone's talking about. Good luck!!