over the Christmas break we went to Tennessee. that is where Russ' family lives. we had a great time with all the family together. his sister just got home from here mission, so it was fun to all get together again. it was two years since the last family picture. we took these at the family barn. we took some inside on the hay, out the barn doors, and then next to the red barn. funny story...we didn't get anyone to take the picture for us, so we where using a tripod. Russ' dad couldn't find the plate that you screw to the camera. so we could only balance it on the tripod. well, to get the camera up high enough without angling it we had to set it up on a table, the tripod all the way up on cinder blocks. then, push the self timer and get in the picture. not that hard right? Ben had to jump probably 8 feet grab the beam the girls are leaning on and sit back down in less then ten seconds. the first time he fell, luckily not getting hurt or knocking the camera over, then next time he wasn't quite sitting down, then we got a good one. the last one we took was of him hanging on, but not quite in his spot. it might be one of those funny story's that you just had to be there to get how funny it really was. so just laugh, it was funny!





10 comments:
Those are SO cute! Love the barn! The family pics in the snow in my header are on a tripod with a timer....guess when Mary Anne's not around, you gotta do what you gotta do :)
Thanks again for letting us stay at your house at such a short notice. It was nice to get a couple hours out of the way on the trip down.
Great pictures!! How do you do it? We have fewer people, older kids, and still can't get everyone looking in the same direction--much less with smiles! I've given up. Maybe we can take good pictures of each individual and photo shop them together...
Welcome back Ashley...I figured you'd be on here soon! Yes very sorry we didn't get to see you I didn't actually even know until Woody walked inside that there was anyone home. I didn't know you were back from vacation, however we were running SOOO late that they barely made it on time anyways. We'll be up in your neck of the woods again soon and we'll get together. Love the family pictures, how fun. Do you remember when you were pregnant with the twins we actually had to balance the camera on the tripod for the miner family picture too, until some nice stranger came by and took it for us. Well anyways the boys in his family all look so similar...except for the mustache....but anyways glad you had a nice Christmas vacation!
those turned out so great!! i love the whole collage set up! btw, you are the cutest thing w/your little haircut! :)
You should have totally posted the pictures of him trying to get back into position in time. ha ha that would have been funny. But really - those are great pics! I never would have guessed it was only a tripod and not a real person behind the camera! :)
Haha--the mustache!
Yeah, that's shaved off now.
The pictures turned out great! I can't wait for my cd.
Oh yeah, and I found another yellow chip from Whoonu? in my car. I'll mail it to you soon.
That picture of Ben just hanging there is pretty funny. I love the ones of just your family as well. Are you home now? Can't wait to read or hear about your Christmas adventures.
I love the pictures! Won't they be fun to scrap. A whole layout on how many pictures it takes to get the perfect one :~)
I have a tripod, ask next time!
It was great having yall here and scrapbooking with you. Come back sooner!
Hey Ashley! I found your blog through Debbie! We have a blog too but it's private and I can't find your email address. I'll have to get it from Debbie and send you an invite. I can't believe how big your boys are getting! They're absolutely adorable!
Gosh, those are cute. Good quality pics........and love the chaos that you went through to get them. All worth it.
Post a Comment