Monday, January 26, 2009

bowling anyone?

saturday we went bowling. i had a coupon for buy one game get one free. so we played two games. next time...one will be plenty. we had lots of fun though. it is nice now, they have the bumper lane that comes up for only certain players. and they have a ramp thing kids can roll their ball down. the boys did really good too! i didn't take a picture of our score from the first round, russ had 103 that game...his best score ever! if they boys knocked down all the pins they would run back to see their picture. if you get a spare or strike then some random pictures come on the screen, you know....you've been bowling before. so the last pictures william is crying because he wanted one more picture. he almost got it to, barely missed his last pin. poor kid! all in all we had a good time....maybe we'll do it again.....someday!

10 comments:

The Mighty Miners said...

looks like you had fun at least. The last time we went I swore we would never pay for two games at a time...they sort of petered out somewhere near the first round of the second game. About your other post...I thought that was funny cause I just had a conversation about that saturday...when woody and I got married he said that the stuff that came from my parents house smelled funny, and I said that was funny cause the stuff from his house I thought smelled funny...but it goes to prove that you apparently are used to the smells of your home and it brings back that feeling when you get something from there.

Lauren said...

Wow--that looks fun! We'll have to take Cassidy to try it out soon. It seems pretty easy with the bumpers and the ramp.

Anonymous said...

I haven't bowled forever! Jason and I used to love going bowling. Looks like you did well!
...Summer

CK Morgan said...

you are so good to get your boys out and doing so many things. Sounds like it was a lot of fun! Did they love the bowling shoes?

Lana Knapp said...

I love your pictures. Matthew is always begging us to take him bowling. I have told him that when he goes potty in the toilet we will go, but it hasn't happened yet.

Kirsten said...

We took our kids bowling for the first time last Monday. Since it was a holiday, we were going to go to Madagascar 2 at the cheap theater but when we got there, there were only 3 seats left! So we went bowling instead. The sad thing is I needed the bumpers more than my kids (they only went up for the kids though). Of course since we weren't planning on it, I didn't bring my camera! Rob did get some video on his phone but we haven't downloaded it yet.

Moose on the Porch Quilts said...

Boy Ash, you had a great score! I don't think any of our scores break100. My kids LOVE bowling, but I am always exhausted after trying to make sure the right kid takes the right turn. I tried taking them bowling once without Colin--big mistake.

6L's said...

haha, you saw my score too, i needed the bumpers, lol!

ashley said...

How cute is that. And Ash....I had no idea you were an actual bowler. Yahoo!

jEn paiGe said...

How fun! I love the bumpers that come up for the kids! You did great!