i was going to say that is a super easy quilt, but when people say something is super easy and i can't figure it out i feel silly. so this is a pretty easy quilt...honest! all you do is get 1 1/4 yard for the front and back. (of two different fabrics.) sandwich the quilt together...bottom , batting, top. then you get a few strips of fabric to lay over the top. you just sew the strips right on top. then after you wash it the edge of the fabric frays, giving it a really cool look. i got the idea from my sister and whip it up in one day. we both did ours with the strips going diagonal. but i think it would also
look good straight. anyway...this wasn't meant to be a tutorial or anything, just showing off a new project i finished. good luck if you try one! if you do want a step by step tutorial, don't ask me!!
look good straight. anyway...this wasn't meant to be a tutorial or anything, just showing off a new project i finished. good luck if you try one! if you do want a step by step tutorial, don't ask me!!





7 comments:
oh my gosh, that blanket is ADORABLE!! I need a step by step...*wink*wink*..but seriously I'll be looking at your pic vewy vewy carefully to see if I could possibly do it on my own. You guys are amazing!
i'm tellin' ya...people are impressed. i'm like how you explained the easiness thing. because i'm always like "easy for a quilter? or easy for joe shmoe off the street?" anyway...it is seriously so cute it kills me. love the fabric!
I say this with tons of love...you make me sick! Is there anything you DON'T do??? You really can put me to shame girly! ...Summer
i do not quilt but i love the colors of that one! :)
I love quilts, but anything involving a needle and thread is beyond me. My daughter gave me a little sewing machine a couple of Christmases ago and I have yet to thread the bobbin.
Oh!! Don't you want to do a giveaway like Lauren?? You could do one of these quilts!!
Yes after Konda showed me hers at Thanksgiving a friend of mine asked me to make her two kids blankets for Christmas and I thought that looked easy enough that I'd give it a try with such short time. I had them both done that day and they were very cute. I'm so glad Konda showed me, or I would of probablly spent several hours just debating on what pattern was cute enough and quick enough to do. And with only having to sew a few strips it was so nice. I did one of them with a zig zag cause the quilt was bigger and it was cute too.
Post a Comment