for those of you who don't know this i am extremely spoiled. i never would have considered that of myself, by i am now ready to admit i am
SPOILED. or maybe just really, really loved! another thing you might not know is that my mom is
AMAZING! she can find anything you need sometimes before you even ask and usually for an awesome price. so if you read my last post about the mother's cookies being out of business you'll understand my excitement when my mom called this morning at the commissary (grocery store on post) saying they still had some taffy cookies! i think there were 45 packages left!! i don't think she grabbed them all, but probably close to it. they don't expire till may, so i'm set. (if i still have any left by christmas and have room in my luggage i'll bring some for you lauren.) i think i'll give them all to russ for christmas. he doesn't read the blog that often and it's usually when i tell me to, so don't anyone spoil his christmas surprise...
let me continue on how
LOVED i am. i wasn't off the phone from talking to my mom for 5 seconds when my oldest sister calls from her grocery store saying they still had a few packages of taffy cookies there. i asked her to grab me two packages since i do have who knows how many coming. but she lives 20 miles away, so i can run and pick them up from her. i have to wait till thanksgiving to get the ones from my mom. so for anyone else trying to help me out in my time of need....i think i'm okay, but thanks for looking!
in other news we had our first snow. (that stayed on the ground all morning.) i think it was wednesday. so we spent wednesday shopping for snow gear for the boys. they just need boots now. and gloves i think.

here is owen looking cute all bundled up. he hates wearing beanies, i think i'll have to get him the kind that velcro under his chin. anyway....

9 comments:
did you just post this? because i left a comment on the other one and by the time i was done this was up! funny!
okay so i went back and read that...you are spoiled! okay loved is probably more appropriate. i'm glad there are some left in the world.
Hooray! Thank your mom and sister for me (that is, if there are any left to bring for Christmas)! You are loved!
I am so jealous of that snow. Cassidy has never seen snow. I don't think she even needs a coat here. Stupid warm weather.
Sheesh! I first of all had no idea that they closed but it probablly won't effect me at all as I rarely buy them, but it does seem funny that there won't be circus cookies around any more which woody likes for some wierd reason. But I swear they were on sale here last week and there are loads of them on the shelves so if you need when you come down Im sure they will still be sitting there. As some things sit on these small town shelves for MONTHS after expiration! Good luck on your cookie expedition, hopefully they are good packers as I am sure you will be moving one day and depending on how many packages of these things you have they may take you a while to eat...you may want to invest in a freezor so they last :)
Wow, your Mom is awesome! I'm really glad you found your cookies. I hate when they discontinue things I'm addicted too!
snow already? Maybe I'll just stay in Seattle :). Aren't moms the greatest?
yeah... we were definitely at macey's the other day and I saw all these posters at those stands at the ends of the aisle for Mother's Cookies.... but instead they had these healthy cookie/cracker crap! Ben and I were just reminded again how depressing our lives are now....
haha!! :)
ps. I wont tell Russ about the Christmas gift as long as we get at least one more cookie... I wish I had known that August was really the LAST time I would eat those!!
Ashley!!!!!! Okay, I have been meaning to write you a little note FOREVER!! Sooooo, I have to admit that I have seen your blog and LOVE seeing pictures of your cute boys. Gosh, what a great family!! Anyway, we have a blog too but it's set to private but you are more than welcome to check it out. Just send me your email and I can send an invite.
Glad things are going well for you guys! Hope to keep contact with you and those cutie pie boys!!!!!
Ashley (silk) Johnston
joh05058@gmail.com
Ashley I KNOW you have an AMAZING mom! They just don't get any better than her. °Ü°
Post a Comment