Jonathon-"When I first learned to ride a bike I was so good with training wheels, so my Dad helped me learn to ride a two-wheeler. The next day I was having fun riding my two-wheeler and it felt good, kind of like magic."
William-"The first time I carved a pumpkin I didn't want to get the seeds and mush out, it smelled weird. Last year I carved a pumpkin by myself. It still felt a little weird. It looked cool to see it glow, it felt like magic."
I was proud of what they were able to come up with by themselves.
We went to the award night, their projects were on totally different tables, but we didn't think anything of it. Then at the very end of the awards the did the honorable mentions, second to last they called Jonathon's name, boy was he excited! When we were getting ready to leave I could tell William was having a hard time not wanted to cry. I pulled him aside and he said, "I kept thinking they would call my name too." Man, being a parent is hard! You are excited for your one child who got an award who is so happy, then your heart breaks for your child that didn't get an award. Sometimes these life lessons are hard to learn when you're just a kid or even a parent.




No comments:
Post a Comment