Saturday, September 10, 2011

Blessing

Russ blessed Grace when she was 5 days old. Since she was so young we did it at our home. The reason we wanted to bless Grace so early was because Russ' parents were in town and we wanted them to be apart of her blessing.

our Bishop came and our neighbors behind us and all the family in our area. Thanks everyone for coming!
trying to get a nice family picture. the boys always change from their church clothes as soon as they walk in the door. (don't we all!) but I told them they had to stay in their clothes till after we blessed Grace. they were not happy.
one thing that I was excited about when I found out I was having a girl was because I knew I'd get to use this dress to bless her in. this dress is the same dress my sisters and I have all been blessed in and 5 of my neices. now Grace got to be blessed in it as well. i think it is just beautiful and I'm grateful she got to be blessed in it as well.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

A Bunch of Paynes said...

Oh she is so pretty! I love the blessing dress - how special that she gets to share in wearing it! I'm so happy that Marianne gets to wear the dress my mom made for Bekah. And I love the other post of Grace and Owen. Something about big brothers and baby sisters just melts me!

Brenden+Nikki said...

ha ha ok at first I saw the title before reading and thought "wow! They brought her to church already!? Moms must really have this kind of thing down by the time they have #4" ha ha I'm glad to find out you're still at home. I thought you were setting a bar for the rest of us moms that I wasn't going to be able to reach :). Because I eat up my "maternity leave" let me tell you. ha ha. She's beautiful and I love how special that dress is.

6L's said...

she's beautiful and you look fabulous!!

The Mighty Miners said...

so cute. already looking too big though love how happy the boys are looking in your family pictures :)

elaine said...

I love all the pictures of the kids. Your boys are growing up so handsome and little Grace is beautiful! I'm glad you got to have the fun family time and that you took pictures. Grace is blessed to come to your sweet family.