Thursday, August 12, 2010

i need a moment....

in the mail William and Jonathon just received a letter from their kindergarten teachers....as i type this i am starting to cry. in the letter their teachers asked them to practice things like counting to 30 (check), learning to spell their names (check), our phone number (check), our address (no check), their birthday (check), zipping a coat (half check), tying shoes (no check), etc.
later in the day Jonathon said to me, "but i don't know how to tie my shoes." i told him it was okay and that we'd work on it. but it made me smile that he was so concerned over it. i can not believe William and Jonathon are going to school! i can't even write down all the emotion i am feeling about this. so happy for them, nervous for them, excited, scared, happy for me, sad for me, etc. (the tears start again.) i hope i have prepared them well for this new adventure. i am worried they will miss each other, won't find friends, be bullied, be the bully, etc. i do know that they will probably love it. everyone loves kindergarten right? 19 days...ready or not, kindergarten here we come!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe it either!! Wasn't it just the other day that I met them for the first time in the hospital with dozens of tubes all over them and so small they each fit in one of my hands? They're going to have so many more adventures and I can't wait to hear all about it when we come up for a visit or Sunday dinners. What a big and exciting step in life for them at this age! Congratulations to them and you, Ashley!

Holly said...

Christina is going off to Kindergarten too. It has been a bit bittersweet but with the girl whining and outburst it will be nice to have that break everyday. I am sure that you have prepared the boys well for school.

Kirsten said...

Even Ashlee and Brynlee (9 & 7 year olds) really can't tie shoes well(and Landon has never tried)...the problem is I never buy them tie-up shoes. So much easier but probably a skill they need to know...oops!

CK Morgan said...

I can't believe they are going to start school! I am already worrying about all that stuff and I have a few years to go. I can't wait to see first day of school pictures! You've prepared them well!

Mary Anne said...

Ahhhh! I almost started to cry just now! I was able to keep it under control, but then again I'm not their mother! Oh goodness...what a big thing for them. They will do great and I'm so excited to hear all about their school adventures.

6L's said...

hehe, 1st grade and my boys still can't tie their shoes! :) they'll learn...i'm just not too 'on it'. :) they get frustrated so we stop.

Moose on the Porch Quilts said...

Oh yeah! Allie got her letter today! You are entering a different stage of life. I'm so excited for you all! The boys are ready. They will have a grand time at school!

The Mighty Miners said...

HOW exciting...no worries...I cried the whole first month of jams school..in fact I cry every year on the first day of school...yep a great big baby here!! good luck, they will do great!

jEn paiGe said...

Ashley, I can't believe they are going to go to school already! It is hard to watch them grow, but so exciting at the same time. The best part is that you have been able to spend so much time time with them doing fun stuff! You are such a great mom! Way to go!