a week ago my grandpa miner died. he was 92 years old, had 7 children, 34 grandchildren, and 78 great-grandchildren. at his funeral, i think it was his bishop, said that grandpa had created a whole ward. so true! i can barely keep all my first cousins straight! when ever grandpa would hug you he would squeeze you super tight. i remember as a kid that i didn't really like it. he could squeeze pretty hard for an old man! before we moved up to lehi grandpa, grandma, my boys and i went to lunch to carl's jr. they ended up giving us an extra hamburger. grandpa didn't want it wasted i guess, so he made grandma eat it. i couldn't believe grandma finished a whole carl's jr. hamburger by herself! when ever you'd call grandpa or ask how he was doing he say, "i'm ornery." he usually laughed as he said it though. one of my favorite pictures i have of grandpa is this one of him holding jonathon and william. jonathon kept crying and grandpa kept laughing.

this is the last picture i have of all my boys with grandpa and grandpa miner. made me realize i
didn't take enough pictures!
all my siblings were able to come to the funeral, so we took a picture with all six of us. some of us will never grow up either!
from oldest to youngest; Konda, Woody, Millie, Wes, Ashley, Dusty





5 comments:
Well I was working on a scrapbook yesterday and realized that I didn't take enough pictures, and the ones I know I took I must of hid away really good cause I sure can't find them :) My favorite picture of Grandpa is him fussing over ez at her blessing because her dress kept coming up over her face and he didn't like it I am still trying to find it...I will post it once i find it. Anyways you are so on the ball to get these all posted so fast. Have a great weekend. take care...erin
I'm sorry for your loss - he sounds like a fun wonderful grandpa!
What fun memories!! That's how I feel about my grandparents who have passed away. It's always sad to me that the world loses such amazing people, but so exciting that Heaven gains them. I love the pictures. Sweet memories.
I am sorry about your grandpa and for your loss. It sounds like you have some really great memories. How fun that they boys got to know them and spend some time with them.
That's cool how your family goes girl boy all the way to the end! Sorry to hear about your grandpa!
Post a Comment