Wednesday, June 24, 2009

time for a change

since russ graduated in december he has been applying for jobs. most of them have said he needs more experience. they want between 5-10 years and he has around 3 years. i guess i could go on and on....but RUSS GOT A JOB! we are so excited! he will be working for Kennecott Copper Mine.
http://www.utah.com/attractions/kennecott.htm
when i asked what he would be doing he said something like...Instrumentation and Electrical. he already knows a few guys that work out there. one in the same department as him. this guy saw russ leaving from his interview and called russ to ask him what he was doing there. he put in a good word with his boss....and russ now has a job! AWESOME! friday he has a physical and then he starts July 6 with training and all that fun stuff. not sure where we will move to, a little more to the north probably. we are excited, nervous, anxious, etc. for a change.

10 comments:

Lauren said...

Wahoo! Congratulations! I'm excited for you guys. And it won't be far from family either. Have fun packing and looking for a new place!

Kylie said...

YAY! That is so exciting! I'm sure you'll find a great place to live up there too, there a lot of nice places up that way. Congrats again!

CK Morgan said...

wow that is good news...and a relief i am sure. good luck looking for a new place!

A Bunch of Paynes said...

Yay! Congratulations! My sister's husband is job hunting right now and it's proving to be really difficult...it sounds like it's taken some time for Russ, too, so I'm very happy for you that he found a job! I hope the move brings happy changes!

Mary Anne said...

definitely exciting but my emotions are still mixed! we'll definitely miss you guys when you move...

that may possibly be the understatement of the year.

{Jeff+Elisa} said...

Awesome for you guys!! Congrats Ash!! :) It's always amazing to see our hubbies work so hard and then they finally get that job to support the fam! Best of luck! :)

jEn paiGe said...

Congratulations Russ! I am so happy for you guys!

Mindy said...

I just took my boys out to the mine last week for our weekly field trip. They LOVED it. Big trucks, dirt and rocks, they were in heaven. I can't wait to tell them that my cousin's husband is working there. Thanks for sharing your great news.

Wonderland Girl said...

Congratulations! That's awesome. Let us know where you'll be moving! I'm glad it's not too far - we can still visit.

And you need to come out and run the river again. :) Maybe it won't pour on us next time.

Owner said...

Yay!! That's so exciting, tell Russ congratulations for us! Although I admit I was hoping he'd find one somewhere in Arizona, Porter loves playing with your boys!