Sunday, April 5, 2009

anniversary, volcano's, good friends, and more...

it seems like a lot has happened this last week. Russ & i had made plans to go to a bed & breakfast for our anniversary on the 27th. Russ ended up needing to work Saturday so i changed our stay to the next weekend. then it was general conference and Russ had a mission reunion Friday night. i called and changed our stay again for Thursday night. we had a really nice time. there was one of those huge tubs, i filled a little bit too full of bubbles, we laughed! Russ gave me those beautiful flowers. next we made a volcano with the boys. they thought it was great!
one of Russ' best friends is Richard Hoffman. they served as companions on their missions. then after their missions Richard moved to Utah and when Russ got home he convinced Russ to move out too. they were roommates and both worked at smith's grocery store. that is how Russ and i ended up meeting. Richard claims all the credit to Russ and i getting together, i guess he is right, thanks Richard!! Richard and his wife Celeste were married a few months after the boys were born so i couldn't go, just Russ did. anyway...i finally got to meet Celeste this weekend. i think she is great! i wish we lived closer, i think we'd be good friends....even if she is about 4 years younger then i am. the boys had a lot of fun with them while they were here. we'll have to get visit them in California in the summer. they said they'd take us to the beach.
in other news the duck is going to be okay. the boys had to perform a pretty intense operation and things were touch and go for a little while. the boys assured me that he would be okay. poor thing.
General Conference was good huh?

9 comments:

Nikki said...

I LOVE your posts...my favorite part...I love your "scrap book page" pictures. Are those digital scrapbook pages or do you keep up with your scrapping THAT well? I just want to know your "drill"...Do you do them digital and print them out? Do you do them with paper and then scan them in? I love that you are so up to date and I think you need to do a post about it to inspire the rest of us! I love it!

Mary Anne said...

okay, the duck thing is HEE-larious! i can't even believe that they came up with that. what a fun post to read today! and i have to admit...you are the picasa wizard. those layouts are SO FUN!

CK Morgan said...

I love the boys faces in the volcano collage. What a fun activity! Those flowers are sure pretty that Russ got you as well!

elaine said...

I'm so glad you finally got to have a nice anniversary get-a-way. They are never long enough but when you have 3 pre-schoolers you take what you can get!

I loved your post too. Very fun and uplifting. Thanks. Conference was great, I loved every talk!

Lana Knapp said...

I love all your pictures. Our 7 year Anniversary is coming up too -I am hoping we will be able to do something fun.

Owner said...

Paging Doctors Wheeler and Wheeler... we have an emergency in room A...

Moose on the Porch Quilts said...

I like the pic of Owen where it looks like her doesn't quite know what to expect yet.

Unknown said...

I think you're supposed to fill a tub like that too full of bubbles at least once in your life! We did it in Gatlinburg.

Kirsten said...

Hey Ashley, Goblin Valley is in between Green River and Hanksville (eastern UT just off of I-70). We went to Goblin Valley for the day, stayed in a hotel in Green River and then went to Arches (only about 45 minutes from Green River) for two days. It was lots of fun!