that was the question. i received an e-mail from someone in my ward (she sent to out to everyone) saying she had a friend who did a preschool out of her house and she had some openings. i've been thinking about putting the boys in a preschool. so i called the girl and she said she does a free trial day. also her price was $75/month per kid. that would be $150 a month for us....a little, i mean a lot expensive for us. but i thought a free trial, i was wondering how the boys would do anyways. i've been thinking that preschool would be good for them mostly just being around other kids. tuesday was our free trial it was from 9-11:30. when i got there it wasn't quite as structured as i had hoped, but i don't really know what i was looking for. anyway the boys did have a good time and when i was talking to the teacher after i knew that $150 was too much and there was no way we could afford it. i told her that so she offered 2 for 1. now i thought about it, but as i was doing that i realized that i don't want my boys to go to someone else's twice a week. as crazy as they make me i don't like to be away from them. i know a lot of people do preschool for their kids, but all the things she did i can do at home. while they were in preschool i went to the dollar store and found some fun workbooks (spider man & cookie monster) working on letters and numbers/math. i know that the reason i wanted them in preschool in the first place was to be around other kids, but i guess i'll be selfish here because i want them with me more. and i plan on working with them more. i'll be realistic here and say that i will do it at least once a week. now that it is spring (mostly) we can do more things outside; going to the park, walks, etc. i'll try and make it to the library once a week as well. i figure i'll just make a conscience effort to do more with them. now i know a lot of people put their kids in preschool and things like that, i'm not judging or trying to say anything about those who do. it is just not something for me. i've also thought about trading with people, i think it called joy school or something. but really, i'm just too lazy for that! for now the boys and i will just have fun together with whatever we can think of.

the boys collecting bugs (rollie pollies i believe) with their new kits.


william & jonthon working on their letters
one more thing. i keep meaning to post something about this. for valentine's day we were in
st. george visiting russ' grandparents then i left from their to arizona. before we left the boys and i made russ a magnet bored for his shop so he can put up all his ideas and such. on valentine's day russ said he had something for me at the house. when i got back from arizona he gave me my gift. two boxes of these...

i love snickers ice cream bars! i don't think he could of given me anything better! it was just one of those gifts he really thought about. i don't ever buy them because they never come on sale and well, i can live without them. i just wanted russ to know i loved them! after all the boys were asleep i'd enjoy one. i just had my last one too....what's the next holiday, maybe for easter he can get me some more!!
just a couple more pictures. the boys love superhero's lately, i found these shirts on clearance, so i had to get them. the boys are flexing if you are wondering what they are doing. they are so strong! can't you tell!?


8 comments:
Your kids are so cute! & I Love snickers ice cream bars too, they are so yummy!!
I can't say that I blame you for not wanting them to be away from you! I think one of the most important things for them to know before they start kindergarten is how to write their name, otherwise everytime they work on something, they are struggling to write their name instead of the assignment! Good luck with your once a week though! They should make double chocolate snickers ice cream...hehe!
i love those shirts! And I say that you should enjoy those boys while you can. I love snickers bars and those looked so good. Good thing I already went to the store today so I'm not tempted to get some. When I was little my mom gave us an option every day: workbooks or naps. We chose workbooks every day and ended up loving them.
ASHLEY! I can't believe its been so long. Your growing up!! And your babies are so beautiful! You guys have been married 6 years!? Holy cow. I am just sitting and trying to take that in.... or moreso that its been 6 years since alpine court...
I didn't put Katelyn in preschool either and basically for all the same reasons. It is so dang expensive to have someone else do for them what you can do at home. Besides, if you think about it, they have 13 years of school ahead of them...why not let them spend A COUPLE MORE AT HOME WITH US? I don't think it is selfish...I totally understand!
if it doesn't feel right then you know what you're doing. Some times it does, some times it doesn't. The boys will love doing stuff at home with the kids I did my own preschool with jam, tav and ary and it went great, they learned a ton, we'll start up with the little girls later. cute shirts....I love how all boys go through that super hero phase and all girls seem to go through the princess stuff at some point. very cute, good job...
I hear ya on those Hulk shirts Ash....Jeff wants to be Iron Man and I wish they had one of those shirts in his size!!! Ha ha!! I think your decision to keep the boys at home is a good one cause you could definitely be a great Mommy Pre Schooler teacher!! Plus you do need all the time that you can get with them!! You are such a wonderful Mom Ash! :)
Oh, and did you like those ice cream snickers bars that much in high school too? I don't remember you liking those that much...it makes me want one but I am trying to be good!
I LOVE those ice cream bars too!! Yummy. I'm really craving one now that I saw them. Thanks a lot.....
I was wondering in the picture one of the boys was using his left hand and the other his right-are they really one a righty and one a lefty? That's kind of funny.
I think you are a great mom. You have a great mom for an example. My kids did preschool and I'm glad they did. Some teachers were better than others. Do I think they are smarter than kids who didn't go to preschool-NO. I think by far the biggest difference is the time spent with them in their own home!!
Post a Comment