2 years ago
Thursday, August 14, 2008
something i really dislike...
something i really dislike is when you go to check on your sleeping baby in the middle of the night and realize they have a dirty diaper. for a second you wonder if you can just walk away and go to sleep yourself. then the motherly part of you knows that you have to change that diaper. you don't want to deal with a yucky diaper rash in the morning. so then you very carefully pick up your child, get new diaper and wipes ready, slowly undo their pj's, and no matter how careful you are at any of this as soon as that wipes touches their bottom....HELLO...now i'm awake and screaming! now you are just trying to finish as fast as you can; but still being careful so they don't completely wake up. once the process is complete and you finally get them back to sleep i say to myself, next time i'll just deal with that diaper rash! (again,not really) yes, i just had one of those.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Ditto.....Summer
I definately agree!!
oh great. lots to look forward to! You were so great to come see me in the hospital. The ice-cream was perfect!
Does it make you a bad mom if you just ignore it? I think I may have once or twice...hmmmm...
PS...consider yourself tagged. :-)
Hmmm..I'm not so nice. Usually I think, "okay, can I get away with not changing this? Or is he going to wake up crying and wake me up in an hour?" And that's my motivation for changing the diaper right then. I don't even think about diaper rashes. What kind of mother am I?!
I think whoever invented the wipe warmer probably got their inspiration during a midnight diaper change. I'd sure be wide awake if someone came at me with a cold wipe!
Post a Comment