yesterday i took the boys to their first dentist appointment. (yes i probably waited too long.) so there i am with all three kids in the waiting room and everything is good. they have tons of fun things in their waiting room. it's time to go back.....neither of the boys want to come. i'm holding owen and then going back for each boy and dragging him to the back. william goes first, i thought he would do better and that would help jonathon. but no, he screamed the whole time. it took three of them to do the x-rays. (which really isn't that bad...sort of....it takes two to begin with.) after the x-rays they get their new toothbrush and bag of floss, toothpaste, etc. and go back to the waiting room for the x-rays to develop. now they are fine. when it's our turn again they don't want to go but don't make as big a fuss. now the dentist needs to look at their teeth. i don't know if it was because they were screaming or they're twins, or they think i'm crazy to have three kids, but i think the whole office was watching. there was the dentist and two assistants, then there were FIVE people just standing there. nothing better to do i guess. i tried to set owen down to help and he was crawling all around. not too bad though. i guess it wasn't the most horrible experience. owen did good the whole time so i should be grateful for that. but the people there were winderful! i told them they were crazy to work in a pediatric dentist office and that they did such a great job! the boys each got a balloon sword when we left.
and yes they both have cavities. don't talk to me about that! i don't know if any of you are this way for your own dentist appointments, but i feel like i have to apoligize for having bad teeth. sorry, i really do brush! and i always re-commit myself to floss more than once a week...but it is still almost shamefull at the dentist office. now double all those feelings when you take your kids to the dentist. they don't brush their own teeth yet, so it's my fault they have cavities. so then you feel like you have to apoligize for being a crummy parent that you can't even brush their teeth right! oh brother....why doesn't russ get to come to all these things! when i was telling him about the whole thing we laughed. he was funny afterward...during, not so much! blah, blah, blah, i think this was my longest post ever! and owen agrees, better run!
2 years ago




7 comments:
Ah, the dreaded dentist appointments. I hate going myself. I have to apologize every time too. I'm ecstatic now because I am down to 4 cavities (but out of insurance).
As for Cassidy, she went to a pediatric dentist as well. I think those are great places. They spoiled her! The good and bad thing is that they don't allow parents back there. Makes it easy for me, even though I worry the whole time.
I have also found that taking the stroller is very helpful. I don't know how possible that is with your twins and Owen though. But it lets me walk away from Grant if I need to and keeps all my bags together.
Don't feel bad about people judging you. The ones who have been there understand and those who don't will as soon as they have kids!
Oh, and I like your long posts.
Girl, if I was still in Utah, I would come over and give you a big hug. And some chocolate. You are such an awesome mom and a very brave woman. You rock!
I totally needed a laugh like that today! I have such a run around with 2 kids...I can't imagine 3! Great job! ..Summer
aw Ashley! You're a super mom! (and superwoman too!) I know EXACTLY how you feel because I hate that feeling when the dentist asks if you floss regularly (like they can't already tell....come on!) And then when you say no they give you this stern look and shake their head like they're totally disappointed in you. I hate it too. To handle that AND have 3 boys at the same time.....you handled it way better than me. I probably would have started crying in the office! :) ha ha.
You are awesome... YOu certainly shouldn't feel like a bad mom! You are a great mom!you can tell by the way your kids look at you!! See Ya!
ahh, i can only imagine what that was like for you. you are a trooper for even going. Every time I go to the dentist I do the same apology thing...except i apologize for dusty and me! and yes, I never floss, but at the appointment I always promise to do better. I'm sure they're thinking "Yeah, we'll see in 6 months how you look..."
Post a Comment