2 years ago
Friday, January 25, 2008
just some thoughts.....
i guess this is what a blog is for right....writing down your ramblings. well, i was just reading the new anita stansfield book, (warning....don't read if you haven't read the book...erin & brittany) it takes place early church history. in this book they end up coming to the salt lake valley by wagon train. ....there is some reason for my rambles. on the way there one of the women gives birth. this is what made me think....i am so grateful that i live now a days. maybe it is because i have recently given birth to owen and just imagining one; being pregnant while walking/riding all those miles, two; being in labor, and three; recovering from labor also in those conditions. as i was reading about this women in labor it brought me to tears just thinking about how many women had to do that. they didn't stop the wagons, nor did they get a couple days rest. how those women did it i will never know. i am in awe that so many did....just so they could come and be with the saints in Zion. WOW! i just wonder if i would have been able to endure. anyway, just a few thoughts....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I totally agree! I'm on volume 5 of the work and the glory and my goodness! I wonder the same thing...could I have done that? I just definitely think there was a reason Heavenly Father put me on the earth now instead of then :). He probably would have gotten tired of hearing me complain.
yeah...I would have dropped out by Nebraska for sure...I'm such a wimp. Heavenly Father knows he needed some stronger women than me back then. So grateful...
Okay so I finished the book today, and would have to say I hit some rough spots with it as well. Mostly with giving birth JUST 10 days ago and still feeling the lasting effects of it I do wonder how they managed. I am greatful for medicines they have now, and clean safe hospitals to deliver babies in. I am sure their conditions are why so many babies and moms died while in delievery or right after. After we had Tavish and look back at it, we have thought that had I not been able to recieve medical care and we were back in those days that It could of been more tragic.
However on those lines I do know
that that with out a doubt I would of crossed the plains to be with the saints, as I think you would of too. There is something about the Spirit telling you to do something that makes you forget all your fears and drudgings and just "do it". I'm not saying it would of been easy, but I am positive I would of done it. The age old question seems to be of who had it harder, saints in the days of pioneers or the saints of today, I don't know and will probablly not know until released from this life, but I do know the anser to the question of "if the prophet or even your bishop asked you to give all that you have including your house, cars, belongings everything to the church, would I do it?" ABSOLUTELY, I wouldn't give it a second thought, now even harder is do I give everything I have to God now, with out him asking it of me? I am afraid that is where probablly my fear, or pride gets in the way, Fear to tell people about the Gospel when I know that is what we've been asked to do. Why should we fear to share the Gospel to EVERYONE we come in contact with? Why are we afraid to let HIS light shine through us to those around us? I know I could give all that I have (worldly wise) but do I have the Faith to give of myself unconditionally? Do I have the faith to give the gift of the Church to everyone I know so they can be as happy as I am....that is my goal for this new year, to be more of what God wants me to be.
Now Ashley, I know you and I know you have a huge heart, you love the gospel and you would of never for a second hesitated when the wagon trains headed west! Give yourself some credit :)
Now that I wrote you a COLUMN for your blog I should go take care of my sweet little Esmey who is reaping the rewards of having five older siblings! LOL!
Post a Comment